A very big thank you to Kay at A Little Tech for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I’m honored! J The Liebster Award lets people with newer blogs know that they are appreciated, and it also helps spread the word about new blogs. There are so many wonderful teacher blogs out there—what a great opportunity to collaborate and inspire! So, happy to receive and share some new blog love! J
The rules are as follows:
1. You need to post 11 random things about yourself
2. You need to answer the questions that the nominator asks.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love and link them in your post.
So here are 11 random things about me:
1. I grew up living on a lake in Northeast Ohio.
2. I love being a mom. It’s the best.
3. I’m a huge technology nerd. And proud of it.
4. I’ve been to Disney World more than 20 times… and still love it.
5. I’m pretty crafty and find making things really relaxing. Weird, but true.
6. I survived a plane crash when I was 14 years old. (Still not the best flyer!)
7. Once a person who didn’t care for dogs, I’m now a complete sucker for my long-
haired chihuahua, Ollie.
8. After growing up learning that our family had deep Scottish roots, an Ancestry.com search revealed that we’re not even a drop Scottish. Not a drop.
9. I wish I could dance. I can’t—not at all.
10. I'm a big movie buff, and can pretty much tag any movie quote. :)
11. I love…love…love teaching. After a month of summer vacation, I almost can’t
stand waiting to get back into the classroom!
My answers to Kay’s questions:
When did you decide to become a teacher? I’ve wanted to be a teacher since I was 7 years old. After starting with education then briefly trying 3 different majors in college, I came back to my first dream and jumped into teaching!
What is the biggest reward in teaching? The biggest reward is seeing students grow and realize that you had a role in their learning—both academcally and as people of character.
What is the biggest challenge in teaching? Finding uninterrupted time to focus on instruction and classroom prep!
What is your most embarassing moment? I tripped on the sidewalk and did a complete face plant in Bar Harbor, Maine on the 4th of July. At the Lobster Festival that was very, very well attended. It was a moment I’d rather forget. J
When were you most proud of yourself? When I graduated with my masters degree in education. I was so proud that I accomplished that goal, and set an example for my daughter.
Who is your role model? Why? I would have to say my mom. She is wise, kind, smart, and giving. Along with my dad, she’s been the biggest influence on who I am today.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why? I would love to go back to Paris. I went in high school, and found it to be life-changing. It would be great to go back and take my daughter to experience the wonder!
What is your favorite sport? Being a new transplant to Texas, it would be wrong to say anything but football. J I’m a fan.
If you could write a book, what would it be about? I would write a book for kids to inspire character and kindness to others. It’s a passion of mine to see kids develop their EQ—“emotional intelligence” and character.
Where did you grow up? In a very small town, Rock Creek, Ohio.
What is your favorite children’s book to read aloud to your students? Why? There’s something magical about reading anything by Dr. Seuss. Young or old, kids love the language play and awesome imagination!
Questions for my nominees:
1. Where did you grow up?
2. How long have you been teaching?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach, and why?
4. What got you into blogging?
5. What is your biggest teaching strength?
6. What is your biggest teaching challenge?
7. If you could have the ultimate classroom wishlist item, what would it be?
8. What is your favorite children's book to read to your students, and why?
9. Who was your favorite teacher as a child, and why?
10. Other than a teacher, who is your biggest role model and why?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Links to Blogs I’m Nominating for the Liebster Award