CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Math FREEBIE

Happy Monday! J  My 3rd graders are working on subtraction this week!  I recently noticed that my class was struggling with equations that have missing addends.  Oh, how early our misunderstanding of “algebra” begins!  Kids can become quickly confused when simple variables or missing addends are introduced! 

With Halloween around the corner, I thought that “costumed characters” could help us understand how this math concept works.  Would it help students to grasp pre-algebra concepts if Halloween characters were disguised as a “mystery number” in an equation?  If nothing else, it might just add a little fun to this math skill.  J  I’m going to give it a try in my class this week!



Hope that you can use this FREEBIE with your class, too!  I’ve made two different versions, one with simple addition equations and the other with double-digit addition problems.  An answer key is included as well.  I’m counting on it helping my kids.  I’d love to hear how it works for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment